Teeth have a more functions than simply chewing food and lighting up a smile. They’re crucial for speaking clearly, and without them, the facial structure can sag and wrinkle, making you look much older than you are. In the long run, tooth loss can negatively affect your health and appearance.
Tooth loss can have many causes, ranging from natural tooth decay and gum disease to injuries from sports or because of accidents. Replacing your missing teeth with dentures can improve your physical appearance and make daily activities like eating and speaking less troublesome.
At Monarch Dental Clinic, we create extremely comfortable and realistic dentures, especially customized to fit the contours of your mouth and smile. Depending on how many teeth are missing, our team of specialists will recommended either partial or full dentures.
Types of Dentures
Dentures are removable replacements for your missing teeth and tissues. Our highly experienced dentists follow the Affordable Dentures practice, which will help you choose the right dentures based on the condition and health of your teeth, the number of teeth to be replaced and your budget.
There are two basic types of dentures to consider:
- Complete: Complete dentures are categorized in two ways, and depending on your requirements, you can choose between them:
- Conventional Dentures – These require a healing period before they can be used – typically eight to twelve weeks after your teeth have been removed, so that the gum tissue has enough time to heal completely.
- Immediate Dentures – These dentures have an advantage over the conventional ones as they’re made well in advance and can be positioned as soon as your teeth are removed. With their vast experience, our dentists are able to properly adjust your dentures even during the healing process.
- Partial: Partial dentures or bridges usually consist of replacement teeth which are attached to directly the gum or onto a plastic base that matches with the gum. They are the best solution if you’re only missing a few teeth in one section. Our clinic uses the latest technology to design partial dentures that neatly fill in the gaps caused by missing teeth and even prevent other teeth from shifting their position. We offer several types of removable partial dentures:
- Cast Partial Denture – The strong and lightweight material which composes these dentures provides a great fit. Our world class on-site laboratory will attach your high-quality denture teeth on a metal framework of these partial dentures.
- Flexible Partial Denture – If you are looking for an even better fit and more comfortable dentures, then flexible partials are the right choice for you. They’re made from special materials that provide additional tractability.
- Acrylic Partial Denture – These are one of the most affordable choices in the partial denture range, with an acrylic base in which the denture teeth are set, attached to your natural teeth with metal clasps.